Monday, June 6, 2011

More on Nate Taphorn and his recent Illini visit








Nice Rivals article on Pekin's Nate Taphorn and his Illini visit....

http://illinois.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1228790

http://rivals.yahoo.com/illinois/basketball/recruiting/player-Nate-Taphorn-126489


Here's just a few tiny clips of what's there -- great article...

"Pekin (Ill.) product Nate Taphorn, a 2013 wing, was on campus at Illinois for an unofficial visit this past weekend. The slender 6-foot-6 sharpshooter currently holds one offer from Bradley, and more high-major schools are starting to get involved. Taphorn says he thoroughly enjoyed his visit to Champaign.

"My visit to Illinois went really well," said Taphorn.
Pekin (Ill.) swingman Nate Taphorn runs with the Illinois Wolves on the summer circuit..Taphorn had a chance to lace it up with some current Illinois players and came away impressed with the overall talent on the Illinois roster.

"It was fun playing with the guys at Illinois and learning what I need to work on," said Taphorn. "I played with Brandon Paul, D.J. Richardson, Meyers Leonard, and some more guys. They're great players, and it's always fun playing with guys like that."

Illinois has increased their interest in Taphorn recently, and although he didn't receive an offer on his recent visit

"I did grow up a fan of Illinois, very much so," said Taphorn. "My grandpa is a big Illinois fan, so I kind of just grew into it. I didn't receive an offer on my visit, but they told me they were really impressed with my play.

Taphorn plays his AAU ball with fellow Illinois recruiting target Jalen James and the 16U Illinois Wolves team. He has enjoyed playing with the Wolves, and he says their free-flowing style of play is similar to the one used at Illinois.

"I love the system we run with the Illinois Wolves," said Taphorn. "It actually fits in well with how they play at Illinois.

Taphorn has just started to receive heavy interest from many Division I programs

"I'm just letting it all play out right now; I don't really pick favorites," said Taphorn. "In addition to Illinois, I've been receiving interest from Notre Dame, Stanford, Boston College, Michigan, Indiana, and quite a bit more..."

No comments:

Post a Comment