Monday, April 9, 2012

Tymell Murphy

Here's a few blurbs from the premium interview Bradley recruit Tymell Murphy gave to the premium recruiting site at Rutgers.........

http://rutgers.scout.com/2/1175445.html

"JuCo Hoops Swingman Sets Rutgers Visit"

"South Plains College G/F Tymell Murphy is approaching a decision for the final two years of his college availability remaining. With a Rutgers visit on tap later this month, Murphy discussed where the Scarlet Knights stand in his search for a four-year university to finish his college career."


"When Rutgers began recruiting South Plains College Tymell Murphy, it was a dream come true for the JuCo swingman. Growing up in Brooklyn, N.Y., Rutgers offers many opportunities that Murphy wants in his final two years of eligibility.
“I’m playing Junior College basketball and I’m looking to take the next step for my next two years,” Murphy said after setting up his visit. “Playing for Rutgers would be like a dream come true in a way. I watched that team growing up. I’ve watched them for so long that playing for them would be a dream come true because it’s like an attractive area.

“I think that I will be able to bring something to the table and help the team win. Playing in the Big East is like a dream come true.”

Murphy does not yet hold a scholarship offer from the Scarlet Knights, but said his college decision hinges on what happens at Rutgers on a trip late next week.

“I’m going to decide this month,” he said. “I’m going to decide pretty much right after my visits. Rutgers is my last one and I’m going to decide probably April 22nd or 23rd, I think. I’m not sure. I’m just hoping everything goes as planned and they offer me.”

Bradley is Murphy’s lone offer. He likes the school, he said, but Rutgers offers a different set of opportunities that stands out to him.

“I want to play in Madison Square Garden,” Murphy said. “They do a lot of things that I’ve wanted to do my whole entire life. I watch them on TV and watch how exciting the Big East can be. I want to be a part of that.”

Raised in Brooklyn, N.Y., a chance to play an hour away from home is another mark in Rutgers’ favor for Murphy.

“I’ve been all over the area and all over New Jersey, but I’ve never actually been inside the building,” Murphy said. “I’m looking forward to checking it out because I’ve watched them a lot on TV.”

Murphy averaged 9.9 points, 6.6 rebounds and shot 57 percent this season for the undefeated South Plains College in Texas. He stands at 6-foot-5.

“I’m a good slasher,” he said. “I get to the basket. I can rebound from my position and I can move well with the basketball. I’m really good in a fast-break setting, running up the court and keeping things moving. I like to help my team win, but more than anything, I just want a chance.”



http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/juco_hoops_swingman_sets_rutgers_visit/10507310


"The Week That Was ...."
On the Hardwood

...
South Plains College G/F Tymell Murphy will visit Rutgers
late next week, but does not yet hold an offer.
The JuCo swingman will decide soon after his visit, he said."

...He is a JUCO hoops guard who is also visiting Bradley.

(He is) NOT an outside shooter at all. He's a big bodied three (6'5" with good upper body strength) who's main strength is rebounding and slashing. He's got a quick first step. He seems pretty athletic and can really elevate when rebounding, but he's definitely not a high flyer who dunks a lot. Slasher, rebounder originally from Brooklyn.
Has interest from Bradley, Dayton, Rutgers.

(from Bio-)
Mohawk Valley: Played in 29 games for MVCC during the 2010-11 season, averaging a team high 16.5 points per game … Also led the team in field goal percentage, making 193-of-372 (.519) shots.
High School: Graduated in 2010 … Averaged 26.4 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 2.78 assists per game … For his efforts, Tymell was named MVP of the team … Off the court Tymell has served in internship positions at Young Minds daycare and at the Bedford-Stuyvesant Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
Intended College Major: Business Management
Hobbies: Watching movies, listening to music, playing video games, reading books, and learning about basketball history.
Personal: Born December 30, 1990 in Staten Island, N.Y., Tymell is the son of Nicole Murphy and he has one brother and two sisters … While at SPC Tymell plans to earn his college degree … Favorite athlete is Jrue Holliday of the Philadelphia 76ers.

More--
http://www.spctexans.com/roster/9/1/769.php

Other targets to fill the open (Rutgers) scholarship left by recently departed transfer Gilvydas Biruta, include Western Kentucky transfer Derrick Gordon and Mississippi State freshman transfer Rodney Hood."




One last thing - here's a few comments from Kent State fans after they heard Bradley & Geno Ford were pursuing Matt Stainbrook - a MAC player they really do not care much for...
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=564998&pid=7769864

No comments:

Post a Comment