Friday, September 2, 2011

Some Labor Day Thoughts



Labor Day - a day where we celebrate LABOR -- which I guess is the freedom to work and earn a living and support yourself & your family..
But it just doesn't mean what it once did -- as nowadays "labor" means wheeling and dealing to get a handout from the government...

But are we headed in the right direction??
I say we are not and I am prepared to give reasons. And they are not selfish reasons - since I am maybe in the extreme minority in that I am doing just fine in this economy. But my reasons are because the direction we're going is hurting everyone - although I can show my own personal reasons that prove this direction is sure to fail.


OK -- now I don't ever in my life recall this kind of thing happening...

We are in an unprecedented mess and we're going to soon be seeing very hard times and lots more of these kinds of headlines --

--Lots of post offices, some locally are closing, out of money...

http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/Felsenthal-Files/August-2011/Post-Office-Closings-in-Chicago-Will-Low-Income-Neighborhoods-Bear-the-Brunt/

--Locally, the Carver Center is closing, OUT OF MONEY despite getting millions of dollars over the past decades from United Way and government sources.
The PJ Star reports only 40% of its budget came from the United Way.
http://www.sj-r.com/breaking/x386670757/Peoria-community-center-to-close-hopes-to-reopen

--Many states are closing state parks, museums, and other facilities that have benefited citizens for many decades... OUT OF MONEY
http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110831/COMMUNITY/110839859?Title=Bennett-

--Of course many private companies and firms are closing as well - some that have been in business for well over 100 years...some newer...all way, way out of money.
Oddly - some of these firms got big time gifts of hundreds of millions of dollars from the government as part of the "stimulus" and handouts & "buyout"..

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/solyndra-closure-affects-foundation-linked-to-obama-donor/2011/09/02/gIQAkjF4wJ_story.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/21/business/worldbusiness/21iht-exec.4.16344270.html

http://www.pjstar.com/business/x1514353900/Firefly-CEO-blames-economy

http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/autos-half-of-gm-dealers-pontiac-to-close/

http://dealbook.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/g-m-to-close-hummer-after-sale-collapses/

--Even schools are closing - OUT OF MONEY
http://money.cnn.com/2011/02/22/news/economy/detroit_school_restructuring/index.htm


Yet people won't go to work because the government thinks they have enough money to keep paying those who are NOT working...the President wants to increase and extend jobless benefits! MORE HANDOUTS!
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2011/08/31/EDLP1KTOK7.DTL


The government is out of money - so they cannot hire anyone else, which is just about the only way over the past couple years that the President has been able to keep unemployment at 9%. They have to hope private employers can hire -- but they are NOT!!!

So why are businesses NOT hiring??
Well -- I am a small business owner so I can speak for not just myself but likely for others as well...
You want some reasons??? I can give you as many as you probably would like to hear...

1- Taxes - I am taxed to death and the President & Democrats in government wants to raise taxes even more on anyone earning enough that might be able to hire anyone new.
This brings to mind the old saying "I have never been offered a job by a poor man".

2- Mandates for health insurance - - Guess what?? I have no idea what the feds will demand of me if I hire someone. It appears they will force me to provide COSTLY health insurance to anyone I employ. So of course I have to take that into account.
NOBODY (except me) pays for the health insurance I have or that I provide for myself and my family -- I pay for it myself and it is very expensive even though everyone in my family IS and always HAS BEEN extremely healthy. I have to pay terribly HIGH PREMIUMS however because others are so irresponsible about their health and the costs of their illnesses.

3- Regulations -- I work in the industry that might well have the most regulations of any industry. Nobody can even blow their nose in my office without checking first which waste basket to throw the tissue into. Seriously - this constitutes medical waste and legally if it is thrown into a standard waste basket, I could face fines of up to TENS of thousands of dollars!
So I have to buy special, expensive, waste receptacles to follow the rules and regulations even though nobody in all of history has ever gotten ill emptying a waste basket in my office or any office like it anywhere in the world!
And there are tons of other silly rules and regulations.
This is just the beginning - our office is regulated by over 1000 different state and federal laws - it is mind boggling.
Here's another example -- in waiting area that's just 12 by 12 feet, there are TWO exit doors and yet I am required to post a sign telling people where the exits are!

4- New legislated requirements..... instead of letting people in small businesses do things the way it's always been proven effective - the government has to constantly meddle and make you buy expensive new things in order to comply with the latest trendy requirements. And God knows, next year before I even get this year's crap paid for, they'll change the regulations again!
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m3257/is_3_59/ai_n13487252/

5- The government arbitrarily chooses what some businesses can charge for their services. They arbitrarily limit what can be earned just because they want to.
I know nobody sheds any tears over someone else getting their income tampered with - but a hardware store can charge whatever they want for a hammer. And a restaurant can charge what they want for a bowl of soup. BUT a few certain businesses are FORCED to charge what the government mandates they charge for their services.
Again -- I am not asking for sympathy -- just noting that if the feds want us private businesses to hire and help them and the rest of the nation out - then consider how deeply and how often you poke your nose into certain businesses and tell them what to do.
How does anyone know what's coming next? I can't take a chance and hire if the feds might repay that step by laying more penalties on small businesses.
http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/06/medicare_reform_its_the_price_fixing_stupid.html

6- Government meddling has simply made it harder for everyone to make a living and be satisfied. They force prices up in every industry with their programs and projects, and regulations that cost everyone money in the hope that just maybe that government meddling might just help someone that'll vote for those government folks who are making a killing in that government job.
Then -- if you happen to have a good year and actually do well enough to maybe expand your business or hire new people - then they aim their sights at you to hit you harder with TAXES!!!!
Their meddling and failure to produce a plan has also destroyed the value of countless people's retirement accounts and funds.

I will stop there...but today's horrible jobs report is only a trickle down from what this administration has been doing for two and a half years.
I am going to do OK... I will have a job no matter what the President does, since my job isn't a handout, it isn't dependent on kissing anyone's a$$, or holding my palm out to the feds....
So I guess that gives me the freedom to say it like it is because they cannot fire me!
....And since I don't have anyone but my clients/customers to please -- I don't give a dang what the feds think...

BUT others are suffering...does anyone remember what it was like at the end of the Jimmy Carter administration???
Double digit unemployment, double digit inflation, AND double digit interest rates.....horrible economy and they didn't have George Bush to blame it on!!
This current president has taken us down the exact same path of killing the people in private business, and tremendously multiplying tax burdens, regulations, and all the while spending the nation into poverty that forces the feds to talk of even MORE new taxes!

I have one simple suggestion - fire the people we have and get people into office who stop the spending.
The guy in charge simply DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE. Almost 3 years into office and he still doesn't have a plan. He keeps telling us he's working on a plan and that he'll have a plan -- and he's apparently still scamming some but not me.

Listen or read my lips --
HE DOES NOT HAVE ANYTHING EVEN CLOSE TO A PLAN!
And apparently he's not even bothered about not having a plan --
after all -- this was his plan - to spend the USA into oblivion and help out all his buddies with trillions of stimulus money mostly aimed at people who voted for him!

If some who are dependent on government handouts don't like hearing this TRUTH - then let them vote for whoever they want and of course let them know that when they had it the way they wanted it and they had the presidency and BOTH houses of Congress -- all they did was increase the National Debt by close to $5 trillion dollars and get virtually NOTHING in return!!!!!.

But some of his buddies came out OK...check these out...

These buddies of the President got $500 million in federal handouts.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/solyndra-closure-affects-foundation-linked-to-obama-donor/2011/09/02/gIQAkjF4wJ_story.html

And we know these guys got tax breaks and ended up paying ZERO in taxes...none, nada...nothing - not even a penny..and even landed $3.3 billion in federal handouts....
yet their CEO -- Jeffrey Immelt -- a very close friend of President Obama and the guy who runs msnbc liberal network -- this guy earned a $15 million salary!!!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/31/ceo-taxes-company-income-study_n_943063.html

On 2nd thought - maybe I am backing the wrong party -- where do I get in line for some of these Obama handouts??
http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2009/10/detroit-woman-obama-money.html

No comments:

Post a Comment