Tuesday, November 17, 2009

BU starts season 1-1, Loses Dodie Dunson

Well, a few more of those annoying high screen offensive fouls in the Idaho State game, but at least BU pulled out the win. The tough part was losing Dodie Dunson to injury. Dodie is a big part of this team and I hope the guys can rally for Dodie's sake and have a great year.
This was looking like a bad start to the season with all the early Valley non-conference losses, but nice to see Missouri State beat Auburn. Sadly, a few of the other better Valley teams are going to spend the next several weeks playing the likes of Indianapolis U., Norfolk State, SEMO, and North Florida. Sadly, wins of this caliber drag the Valley's RPI down even further and cast a pretty bad light on the Valley's prowess.

But I loved seeing Dyricus Simms-Edwards have such a fine game Sunday. He's a great kid and he will be a ton for BU in the next four years.

Southeast Iowa lost last night and are now 6-1 ...all without their best big man, John Wilkins. What "inside" information I have, I can't reveal since some are prone to taking it and "misusing it", but I can say we have not heard the end of this whole thing yet. But sadly....it's not going the way Wilkins would have wanted it thus far.

I am looking forward to how much Taylor Brown will help now that he's back. I think it's going to be more than most people think.

Of the three recruits I saw at the game Sunday, at least two of them have been to many BU home games....and I would love to see BU land them both and am inclined to think we will!

No comments:

Post a Comment