Friday, January 30, 2015

Step back and take a deep breath...

All this stuff is certainly getting a lot of people on edge...

You know, I love Bradley basketball - but even if we go 0-30, I am not going to jump off a cliff -
I plan to be there every game and cheer Bradley on - I want to see success - that's what everyone is waiting for!!!

..and yet  I have to admit, I have read a few comments here & there (more there than here) that are maybe more in the realm of a Psychiatrist-
It's still just a game  - no need for "woe is me" and "I'm outta here" ...
and "goddam anyone who disagrees with me"..." and "someone ought to sue that guy for what he said..."
But then I guess each of us can only control one person - while we watch a whole bunch of others careen out of control.

But let me remind everyone of one thing....

Back 2011, there was EVERY BIT as much poison being spewed, vile things yelled, and people lashing out - even filling 600 page threads with bitterness, HATE and insults..and aiming the most vile and unrepeatable insults at one of our Hall of Famers who chose to coach this team....and at other fans - really despicable insults and believe it or not personal threats and hate mail...
Interestibng that I didn't see many people concerned about it back then....
In fact some of that hate and vile attack goes on every single day - even to this day in some places...

How come - all of a sudden now the very people who have spewed all that stuff for four years NOW want to see it stopped?
I find that kinda interesting.  Did they just get back from Cursillo and have an epiphany?

No comments:

Post a Comment