Saturday, May 26, 2012

So what happened....

I thought the know-it-alls and experts certified that Wayne McClain was a far better head coach than what BU ended up with back in 2002, and that he'd be a head coach somewhere soon...we were guaranteed that by the experts... Well, soon passed a long time ago and Wayne fell further and further down the pines at Illinois landing even behind the newer hires like Jerrance Howard,and not evenbeing the lead recruiter for the Peoria area. Now we hear the same line that we were told to buy back in 2003 that Wayne was offered a Big 12 job - but he turned it down. He did what?? Remember - when he turned down the Big 12 job in 2003 he wasn't even sure he'd be keeping his job at Illinois because the coaches were changing - and now he doesn't even have a job, and yet we are told to believe that he was offered a position at a BCS school and he even had to think about it - let along turned it down. Actually - I don't really even care much what the facts are or where he works - but I have to LOL at the press and message board comments saying he's getting these offers but he's turning them down. Am I the only one who has a few doubts about the veracity of these reports? Come on - yeah -- and I was just offered a spot as the chief sports editor at the Peoria Journal Star but I turned that one down, also. But I still might take the other offer I have to be the Chicago Bulls' top assistant - I still have to think about it because it might interfere with my plan to wash my hair this fall. Now -- does anyone see how silly the media reports are now?? OK - and don't get me started on the reports that a dozen different BCS schools are lining up and throwing scholarship offers at Nic Moore.....I just don't see the least bit of evidence - maybe the BCS people are smarter than the media people...and maybe they remember Marcus Arnold and Andrew Bock.... Is there any doubt why Gatehouse stock is under a nickle a share, and BANKRUPTCY is not only predicted but ..."Looming"... http://www.universalhub.com/2012/gatehouse-continues-hover-near-bankruptcy-local-un

No comments:

Post a Comment